Happy Children's Day everyone! A lot of countries celebrate children's day on the 1 of June, including Romania, which is why today's post will be all about keeping your inner child happy and alive.
Also, before we get started, who is excited for June and a month of everyday posting? For sure, I am, so don't forget to come back everyday for a new blog post. Don't forget to Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin!
I believe that your inner child embodies your truest self! As a child you don't overthink every little thing, you just act without restrictions and do what makes you happy. You make mistakes and learn from them. You are honest, happy and enjoy the small things in life.
As you grow up it becomes harder to keep your inner child happy and alive. Responsibilities, worries and stress tend to take over you. However, your inner child is the one who dreams, is creative and has a rich imagination, which let's be honest makes our life better. Could you imagine a life without dreams or creativity? How dull and boring would that be?!
1. Smile, a lot! This may sound silly, but as a child you're always smiling so why stop as an adult? Yeah, life is harder, you have responsibilities and it's not always fair, but if your healthy, have a loving family and friends, then you still have reasons to smile. The fact that it's sunny outside or that you woke up today is enough reason to smile. Be positive, it can really change your view on life.
2. Appreciate the small stuff! Living in an era of consumerism, you sometimes forget to enjoy the little things in life. As a child I loved playing with dandelions or soap bubbles, well let's be honest I still do. Though I'll turn 25 on the 27th, I'm still a child and very proud about it. The point I was trying to make is that as children we are amazed and fascinated by every little thing and this shouldn't change as we grow up.
3. Forgive yourself and others fast! You are the hardest on yourself and sometimes we just need to forgive ourselves. It's ok to mess up, you learn and you improve. It's ok to take your time and do things slowly! It's OK! No one is perfect.
Also, don't hold grudges! People don't always act like you want them to or don't treat you as well as you treat them, but instead of getting mad, forgive them. Of course I'm not suggesting to allow people to step on you or mock you! There is a difference. If someone is being a fake friend and actually is trying to hurt you, you need to remove them from your life. Remember my post about dealing with negativity.
4. Do something fun that you used to do as a child! Like rollerskating or riding a bike or playing in the sand at the beach. As grownups a lot of times when we go for a bike ride or running, we do it for the health benefits, which of course are very important, but also do it because it's fun. It doesn't have to be a chore. The world is your playground! Also dance like nobody is watching, who cares if I look silly, I sure don't! I'm having fun, so mean comments can't get to me!
5. Create and follow your dreams! Remember how freely you used to draw and play, not thinking for a second what others might say?! Do creative activities and don't get stressed if you're rusty at the beginning or things don't look like you thought they would. The point is to have fun!
Also, as a child when you wanted something you would either stress your parents and talk non stop about it or do little chores to prove you deserve it. So, work hard for your dreams, even when you're the only one believing they are great. Your opinion of yourself is the most important! I'm not suggesting being a narcissist, just being happy with who you turned out to be!
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Also, thank you to everyone for all of the suggestions and request for June!
Have a pink-tastic day!