This week is somehow turning into a "tips" week, which wasn't planned. However, today I'm sharing 5 tips for choosing a new camera together with an unboxing video. I was on the hunt for new camera for half a year now, looking a different brands and models. Finally finding the perfect option to use for my blog, Youtube channel and personal life. Hope you enjoy the video!
Have a pink-tastic day!
Please subscribe! It will make my day!
Here are a few tips in case any of you are looking for a new camera:
1. First thing I would suggest, is to go look around and find out what you want. Looking online or going in a store, as you wish. You could find out about new models or just a brand you didn't know.
2. You have to be very sincere with yourself and think about what you actually need. These first two points don't always give the same result. If you're not a photographer, blogger or Youtuber you might not need to invest in a DSLR, so take your time and think this through.
3. Research! No matter what I, other bloggers or the store employer tell you, you need to do your own research and a lot of it. When investing in a camera it's best to make the most informed decision possible. We have different needs and wishes from cameras, so you need to make sure the camera you end up buying, will fulfill them all.
4. Visit the store multiple times to get a real feel of the camera. Hold it from different angles, inspect it, ask about the features that interest you, prices on the camera and additional lenses. This will help you be sure about your decision and also help you not to make an impulse buy. If every time you see it and hold it, you are more in love with it, then it's the one for you. If you start getting bored by just seeing it a few times, maybe you should reconsider.
5. Finally, take in consideration your lifestyle. Do you travel a lot, who takes your pictures, when will you be using it, how likely are you to take it around? If you travel a lot or are a vlogger, a huge DSLR is quite annoying to carry everywhere, so maybe you should look into compact DSLR's.
If you already have a vlogging/travel camera and you want something more professional, then look into DSLR's. Really analyze what you're most likely to use! Personally getting a huge camera wouldn't have been a smart decision, because I would never vlog with it and would refuse to carry it on vacation half the time.
Hopefully some of these tips were helpful!